BCEP offers flexible volunteering, work experience and placement opportunities. Any contribution from a volunteer is valued and makes a huge difference to the work we do.
Regular opportunities to support our environmental projects.
These volunteering opportunities are supervised by staff working on a variety of projects based out of our head office at Carlisle Business Centre, but are run in different locations around the district.
Some of these sessions are regular once a week requiring support or they can be short term projects or one off events.
- Scrap Magic scrap store assistant: Working at our Scrap Store Scrap Magic in Eccleshill, where we provide recycled materials for sale for craft projects. We are looking for the kind of people who like sorting out mixed materials, helping out customers and have a creative nature. Please click on the links below to view further information:
- Scrap Magic scrap collecting: to assist the Scrap Magic project we are looking for drivers and assistants to collect donated scrap in our van and drop it off at our stores.
- Allotment maintenance assistant: We have various allotments across the district but we have 5 plots on Scotchman Road in Manningham which constantly needs care and attention. If you like to work alone or in small groups and enjoy pottering in the garden this is the role for you.
- Administration assistant: Are you an organised person, who likes to be part of a team? Working alongside our CEO and information officer you will undertake tasks from data input, to poster design, supporting all of our projects to run smoothly. Experience of using a PC and Microsoft Office needed.
- Community growing club supporter: We run various food growing groups across the district with children and adults. The sessions are usually a couple of hours long and require some preparation time as well.
- Environmental Education support workers: We often work with children in schools, outdoor green spaces and other play settings teaching children and young people about nature and wildlife. See the Habitat Heroes page for more information on the type of work being done. Support would be required on a regular basis once a week and can be half day or full day sessions requiring some preparation time aswell.
Regular Groups across the District
We currently run weekly and monthly gardening groups for those who are keen to get involved or gain some green-fingered experience. They are absolutely free, and you don’t have to sign up. Just come along to as many or as few as you would like. Children are welcome to some groups, please get in touch to check with us beforehand. Some groups are for women only, one for men only, and others are mixed. These are across a range of sites in the district, for more information please get in touch.
Corporate Volunteering Opportunities
If you work for a business or organisation which would like to be involved in the community we offer tailored opportunities for volunteering, fundraising and donation. Contact us here for more details.
Volunteer as a trustee
Our trustee board are all volunteers who offer their time and expertise to oversee the running of the organisation. If you have a skill to offer such as marketing, HR or finance and are able to give 5 hours a month please send us your CV by contacting us here.
For more information about these roles contact Jack on 01274 397641 or email.
If there’s any other particular skill or interest that you have and think might be helpful on site we’d love to hear from you.