Welcome to BCEP
BCEP (Bradford Community Environment Project)
working for a better Bradford
Vision: Bradford a district of content, healthy communities which work together to lead sustainable lifestyles. Communities wisely use their renewable, reusable and recyclable resources. People work with natural systems to address local needs and families treasure green spaces.
Mission: To contribute to the sustainable regeneration of Bradford District, through effective environmental programmes, inspired by community needs.Values:
- Working towards Sustainable Practices
- Responsive to Community needs
- Professional in our work, delivering in an approachable manner
- Effective – we get things done, BCEP is an agent for change
- Committed to partnership working – maintain good working relationships with other organisations, share knowledge through networks and explore new delivery methods.
- A good employer, valuing staff and providing a safe and pleasant working environment
Main areas of work are:
- Environmental education
- Supporting and encouraging local food growing
- Green space improvements
- Environmental play
BCEP are now also supported by:
Keep up to date with BCEP. To subscribe please click here.
BCEP is a member of the 10:10 campaign, please join us , find out more by clicking the logo above.
- Community led regeneration of unloved or under-used land into public access green spaces (pocket parks, gardens, play areas and school grounds development).
- Raising awareness of sustainability issues with children and youth groups (recycling, bio-diversity, local food growing, sustainable transport, energy efficiency) through a variety of engaging practical activities.
- Support for food growing groups such as school gardening clubs, women’s and men’s groups and others.
- The promotion of healthy food through support for fruit and vegetable bulk-buy groups (Food Co-ops).
- Engaging children in environmental outdoor play, adventure play and exploring the opportunities made available by reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Development of environmentally beneficial, practical schemes.
- Contribution to, and support for, environmental events in the district.
Established in 1996 as part of the Urban Renewal Programme, BCEP developed to register as a company limited by guarantee in November 2000, as a charity (number 1093783) in September 2002, and as an environmental body registered with ENTRUST in December 2003. BCEP is now Bradford's largest environmental charity and is the home of a variety of environmental improvement schemes that operate across the Bradford district including Urban Design Team, APE, Butterfly Soup, PATH, Grow Organic, Habitat Heroes and Scrap Magic. BCEP helps deliver a number of other programmes in partnership including Bradford Community Re-Paint and Spokeswomen.